During the renovation of this factory building into 17 residential lofts, its architectural past and industrial flavour of 1895 were formally maintained. Its volumes, openings, brick façades and details were preserved, while its adjacent new construction repectfully mimics a similar aesthetic. It uses appropriate brick, echoing the original building's vertical façade and proportion of fenestration. Two floors of underground parking were created along with the new complexe's 161 condominium units and 15 townhouses.
With a concern for implementing sustainable practices, including a reduced heat island effect in an urban setting, particular importance was given to inserting a green space. A central courtyard garden is accessible to everyone and visible from the staggered balconies that enliven the new façades.